Wednesday, July 1, 2020

WIP Wednesday -- Happy July

This week flew by.  I didn't get many quilty things finished.  Here's what happened anyways...

I finished the quilt for my friend that had the blanket inside of it vs. batting.  It turned out fine.  I wouldn't have gotten it done this soon if I didn't say that I would work on it 15 minutes a day.


I quilted it using the Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  I'll drop this off to the customer today.


For some reason I had some tension issues (not related to the blanket as the batting.)  I tried a new way to "unlongarm" the quilt and tear out stitches.  It worked out better for me ergonomically.  I rolled the quilt to where the "undesired" stitches were located to the back of the machine, sat in a chair, and picked them out from there vs. leaning over the front of the machine/quilt.

You can see my happy helper sorting fabric in the background. 







My jelly roll rug had no activity on it after I made the ball from pink scraps.  It still sits like this:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KxpnaD-HblUK70swNCV3s5uXXoQi6pUP

I selected this green and black out of my stash to start cutting the Spider Quilt.  It's a QA on Instagram.  I'm only making a table topper.


I gave Owen a golf club.  He likes his new hobby.



I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.
Quiltfabrication

I currently have 59 on-going projects on my list.  They are separated into stages.

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  Go Four It!  Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender, June 2017
 7.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15.  Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
33.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
34.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks That I Won
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Fortune Teller (RSC14)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
12. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
13.  Bonnie Hunter Garden Party (started 3.18.17)
14.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)

1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
4.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
5.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

Ready to Longarm



3 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out good! One more thing done. How long do you think Owen will like hitting golf balls once he realizes he has to go and pick them all up after he hits them? LOL!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy July to you, Kathy! Owen looks like he is having a grand time. Wish I had the courage to make and post a list. Lovely quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sorry about the unfortunate stitching occurrence, Kathy! So... Owen has a new hobby now? FUN!!!