Sunday, June 23, 2019

The 2019 Garden

Here's the current situation of my garden.  Hopefully it will be dry enough to run my rototiller and/or Mantis this week.  We have had more rain here in Ohio than usual this year.  The plants look great so far!



The zucchini and squash are doing great.  I hope to have some baby zucchinis next week.  I finally found a zoodle maker that I love.  I got it on eBay.  

Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer A4982799 



The tomato cages are re-purposed tv antennae pieced that I personally cut with the cutting torch one day while our son was in pre-school.  They make great heavy duty cages.  I need about 30 more cages for the rest of the tomatoes this year.  I'm not sure yet if I will just buy them or use fence posts and tie them with pretty fabric strings.  That would be more work, but I have all the materials.

It's a tomato canning year.  Hoping for a great crop.  

The swimming pool ladder is a great place for cucumbers to climb.  I saw a relative cleaned out his garage and put another one on our porch.  I may grab that and put it in the garden as well for the other hill of cucumbers.  Re-use and re-purpose -- love it!

No comments: