Saturday, March 16, 2019

More Green Sand Castle Blocks

Last week I was busy cutting (Accuquilt style) fun, green scraps.  This week I made seven more Sand Castle blocks (pattern by Bonnie Hunter).  Since this is such a scrappy quilt.  It doesn't matter to me if the greens clash or not.  What a great place to use up these little bits of fabric.


I also added to my 4-patch bin by using up the little green 1.5" square leftovers.  (I keep the bin in the background handy.  It's great for leader/ender pieces.)  I have another bin of just 1.5" squares that I cut when I'm done with other scraps.  Sometimes I sort by color; sometimes I don't.



I'm linking up today at Angela's blog, So Scrappy, for the RSC19.

SoScrappy

8 comments:

Chantal said...

I love Sand Castles. Most time I don't store by colors. Enjoy the greens. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great blocks! I'm tempted to start some Sand Castles myself!

maggie fellow said...

wonderful additions

Mari said...

Nice progress! I just throw everything in the bin and sort out what I need when I need it.

Jo said...

I am loving your sand castle updates so much i may have to go ahead and start one but i have so many WIPs as it is!

gayle said...

Love your sand castles! I think it's the perfect leader/ender project, besides being a fabulous block in its own right.
I always have my little box of 1.5" squares next to my sewing machine for making four-patches - it's where the last bitty bits of my scraps end up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! Forest GREEN, gray-green, blue-green, "Yucky-green"? You've got the all!! You are also making me want to start yet another quilt.

Cathy said...

Ahhhh...progress!! Looking good!