Sunday, June 26, 2016

Allietare! Quilt Top is a Flimsy!

I this this pattern, designed by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville's Quips & Snips, is one of my favorite quilts yet.  I LOVE the colors! Interesting that it is the same color scheme as the Cleveland Cavs (2017 NBA Champs).  (We are not sports fans in our house, but I am considering orange and brown for the Cleveland Browns on the next mystery quilt to see if it brings them some luck.)


I'm considering adding a 3" (finished) black border to frame it and that would help it fit our California King bed.  Any comments on that decision would be helpful.

Winter Mystery 2015 - Allietare!


I'm linking up with Pat Sloan for her UFO Busting Challenge. 






I'll be linking up with Jo at Jo's Country Junction for the UFO Challenge on Wednesday.  I'd like to get this quilt finished by the time Bonnie's new book comes out in September.  Jo will be having a link-up party every Wednesday on her blog to show our progress.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I actually like it just the way it is. It turned out great. Nicely done.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful! I think the dark border would look fine on it. I have a black and white (reads more black) fabric that I intend to border mine with when it is finished.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Really gorgeous! I truly love this design from Bonnie as well. Probably one of my most favorite yet!

Jo said...

Yahoo!! It looks awesome.

Susana Neiger said...

Beautiful work! It's so satisfying to get a quilt top finished! I love the additional border idea, if that makes it a better size. Wonderful quilt top!

Susana Neiger said...

Beautiful work! It's so satisfying to get a quilt top finished! I love the additional border idea, if that makes it a better size. Wonderful quilt top!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Lovely work!