She gave me this fleece to use as batting. I've never used fleece as batting before... only backing. She also only had backing fabric for one of the Ohio State quilts. She started these quilts when the boys were four years old. It's a 20-year WIP! She did an awesome job of making sure every block was nice. These deserve to be finished!
This is a scrappy Ocean Waves queen sized quilt. It needs a new binding. I'm here to rescue it for her.
This was the result of a block-of-the month club project. None of the blocks are made. One bag has been opened -- that's it. I told her this may take a year or so before she sees this one. I think she would like it for her granddaughter's graduation. The granddaughter is 14. I have some time.
These are GORGEOUS flannels in Ohio State colors. Nothing cut or sewn, just purchased again.
Urban Churn Dash QA quilt at Piece N Quilt, she wanted me to use this fabric for that. I'll need to add a white on white for the background fabric.
Here's what also happened the past two weeks:
I had a finish! I finished the longarm quilting for a customer. This is quilted with Egyptian Eye.
I worked on more purple scrappy blocks for the RSC15. These blocks are called Urban Classics by Nancy Mahoney. You can find it and many other free patterns on Nancy's page here.
I also finished three Fortune Teller blocks for the RSC15. LOVE these purple strings! These are from the book, Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects - Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics by Amanda Jean Nyberg eBook -- I got it from our county library ONLINE!!!
I made one more star for the April Block Lotto. This is a total of three this month for me. LOVE the made fabric in the centers of these blocks! The color options are gorgeous too. I wanna win!
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced today here.
New Projects This Week
1. The School Bell Has Rung sampler at laugh yourself into Stitches.
2. OSU customer quilt #1
3. OSU customer quilt #2
4. Starry Night customer BOM project
5. OSU flannel customer quilt
6. Urban Churn Dash customer quilt
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)9. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
14. Grand Illusion -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2014
15, Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16. Kite Girl (RSC14) Need one more red block and sashing made
17. Modern Trees QA (at Christ's Quilts)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.
19. Wanderlust (A Bonnie Hunter pattern -- only 2 blocks done.)
20. Flowers and Watercan (wall hanging)
21. Little Houses
22. Split Stars (Block Lotto win)
23. Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
24. Fortune Teller (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
26. Pat Sloan 2015 BOM -- Vacation Time
28. Charm Square Sampler QA by Modern Tradition Quilts
29. QM Bitty Blocks QA
30. The School Bell Has Rung sampler at laugh yourself into Stitches.
31. Starry Night customer BOM project
32. OSU flannel customer quilt
33. Urban Churn Dash customer quilt
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Sweet Simplicity BOM
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Scrap Crystals (working on blue pieces for RSC15)
12. RSC15 Sawtooth Star SamplerBlocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly
7. December 2014 Block Lotto Big O blocks that I won 12.31.14!
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)2. Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere. It will be a pillow when I find it.)
Ready to longarm
1. Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2. Julianne's Grand Illusion
3. Customer Quilt #2 -- Scrap Squares
4. Customer Quilt #3 -- Bonnie Hunter Stars pattern
5. Customer Quilt #4 -- Browns and Golds
6. Customer Quilt #5 -- Scrappy Fun
7. OSU customer quilt #1
8. OSU customer quilt #2
Quilted, needs binding
Completed this week:
1. Julianne's 2nd Celtic Solstice
59 -- Current WIPS
08 -- Finishes for 2015
WHEW! I'm exhausted just typing this list!