I finished putting together this quilt top. I won these sampler blocks back in February, 2012. They were a WIP passed on to another person. That person, Fiona, from Poppy Makes blog, put them up for a giveaway in a Fugly Fabric giveaway. I think it worked out great for this quilt.
I made six woven bars for the October Block Lotto. You can find info on the pattern on the Block Lotto site here.
For a while now, I've been wanting to make an alphabet sampler quilt. When I saw Little Letters from Temecula Quilt Company, I pulled my dark fabric strings and started making super cute blocks for the RSC14.
Sorry for the poor photos on the next two quilts. It's pouring down rain today... Hopefully next week my Celtic Solstice will be two rows bigger and hanging outside on the sunny clothesline. I've made two more rows of progress on my Celtic Solstice! Two rows/week goal!
I completed the October row for the Quilt Doodle Designs 2014 BOM. Fun and scrappy. Can't wait to see what the surprise is next month. I bet it's a border with "Let It Snow" or something like that...
My friend, Julianne, needed help with making Lone Star blocks. I sent her this one:
In other sewing news... I made this Halloween outfit for a friend's granddaughter. I appliqued the face on the onsie and made the tutu.
I finished the longarm quilting on this quilt. Come back Friday for a Friday finish. A member of my local quilt guild made the quilt top.
Our Ohio weather is gorgeous! Here's our 7-year old having fun with some hot dog buns and the free range chickens.
My WIP count this week is 35. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
New Projects This WeekNone
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6. Tall Fly
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
Ready to longarm
1. Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM
Quilted, needs binding
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. Customer Honor's Quilt (on the frame)
1. Olaf outfit