Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Finish -- Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM Quilt

This week I finished my Mystery BOM quilt by Pat Sloan.  It is called Globetrotting.  Each block represents a different place.

 
Here's the detail of the quilting.  I used the Circle Lord Egyptian Eye template for it.  I love the modern look it gives the quilting.

 
Here's the pieced back.  It turned out better than I imagined when I had it on the floor.  I just grabbed colors that I thought would kinda match the front.  The binding is the little grey flowered print that you see in the block above.  I LOVE the binding!  The back was a nice stash buster.

 
I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Julianne said...

I like it and I really really like the quilting! Would look great on my Celtic Solstice!

Lovelli Quilts said...

Your colors are beautiful in this quilt.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on a great finish! Love the pieced backing. Always feels good to clear out lots of odds and ends.

Michele said...

Oh wow! Really nicely done.