My son (7-years old) wants his Mario quilt NOW! I have decided to stop the Super Mario QA and make it my own. He only needs a California twin sized quilt. I am going to use the Mario block that I made and get it done for him. I have a few ideas in my head. He doesn't really care about the other characters in the QA right now. It will be a win-win for us. This big block was done back in April. Here's Mario right now:
Although I am having fun playing with orange scraps for the RSC14, I don't have anything ready to show you until Saturday for the RSC14 post. But just remember that I LOVE orange in quilts!
Here's the Picadilly Circle block that I did this weekend:
I did get one little challenge block done for my local quilt guild. I need to get that delivered today. One member provided the background fabric and we were to use one of our ugly fabrics to make this floating churn dash. I don't really think that this fabric is ugly, but I don't really know what color it is. Is it blue? Is it purple? I don't have much of it, but it was good for this project.
I did can a lot of tomato juice this week. I just love canning! If only the magic fairies would clean the kitchen when I was done...
New Projects This Week None
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt4. Picadilly Circle5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA
13. Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM
14. Super Mario QA
15. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Set as a Q2 goal)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6. Tall Fly
7. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
Ready to longarm
1. Market Day Sew Along (Heartspun Quilts)
Quilted, needs binding
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. Born on the 4th (needs to be completed by 8/20 for the county fair)
Completed this week:
My WIP count this week is still 38. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. At least I'm back where I started for the year. I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
I am working from this list right now. I need to get caught up on my BOM's and county fair projects.
6. Pull fabrics and make Sweet Tooth row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
7. Cut fabrics for the July Toasty Mugs row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
8. Cut fabrics for the June Northern Hockey Skates row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
9. Cut fabrics for June Star block in the Cora's Quilts Super Mario Brothers QA.
11. Cut fabrics for August Mushroom block in the Cora's Quilts Super Mario Brothers QA.
13. Select fabrics for the ugly churn dash block for the quilt for my local quilt guild.
14. Decided how I want to quilt the Market Day Sew Along from Heartspun Quilts blog.
15. Finish Block 8 of the Spring Sampler at Cora's Quilts.
16. Finish Block 9 of the Spring Sampler at Cora's Quilts.