Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Goal Setting -- A Lovely Year of Finishes

I'm setting my June 2013 goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes to be the baby quilt that I started for a special friend.  There are still a lot of blocks to make.  The baby is due on July 16th.  It's her first baby.  I guess I better get it done by the end of June!  No pressure here...  Here's where it is now:


 
I have decided that the extra white strips on the pieces make them just too small.  I'm just going with the standard Drunkard's Path blocks now.  Back to the drawing board...


Here's my fabrics for this quilt.  It's something I actually bought on purpose instead of making something from scraps!

 
The back might be plain or look like a football if I get ambitious.
I will have some longarm quilting time the week of June 10th (just two hours per day).
Better get piecing NOW!
 
Check out what the others are doing with their Lovely Year of Finishes!
 
My Button

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your goal!

Lyndsey said...

Love the fabrics you've chosen. Good luck with your goal.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your June Goal... I love drunkards Path, can't wait to see it finished.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice goal Kathy

Anonymous said...

I really like your fabrics for this one. Hope you finish!