Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Citrus Quilt

 I have quilted the Citrus Quilt.  It turned out beautifully!


I quilted it using the Dewdrops in the Garden design by Urban Elementz in yellow thread.

I used miscellaneous pieces of frankenbatting of Warm & Natural.  Don't you just love it when you can use up those batting pieces?  Warm & Natural has been my go-to batting choice for years.  It lays so nice and flat.  It crinkles when it is washed like an old-fashioned quilt would.


I backed it with a gently used striped sheet.  It's really soft.  These blocks were made by other people.  I received them via the Block Swap Adventure.  My request was a 12.5" block with orange or yellow or orange and yellow in the block.  I'm surprised how they somewhat go together.  I think the citrus fabric remnant I used for the border and sashing really brought everything together in a cheery way.  I like how the blocks just float.  I'll probably bind it with an orange remnant.  

2 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out fabulous! That striped backing is perfect for this quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Certainly looks very sunshiney! Great progress.