Monday, March 1, 2021

Sand Castles -- March OMG

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the March OMG.  It will be my one main goal to completely finish my Sand Castles quilt.  Sand Castles is a pattern by Bonnie Hunter in her book, String Frenzy.  I worked on blocks each month for part of the RSC.  I started it in January of 2019.

I loaded it onto my longarm frame this weekend.  I am quilting it with my Circle Lord template board called Seven Treasures of Buddah using jean gold colored thread.  I am putting a poly/cotton blend batting in this one.  My goal is to use up all my big batting pieces before buying a new roll.

The backing for this quilt is made of piecing big pieces of yellow fabrics together.  I made those in March when yellow was the color of the month for the RSC.  Making big, scrappy backs like this in the color of the month really does help me bust some of my scraps AND move projects forward to the quilting stage.

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the goal setting party here.






2 comments:

patty a. said...

Since you have this quilt loaded already, you should be able to get it completed for your OMG. This is such a stunning quilt!

Kathy S. said...

I thought I'd get a jump on my goal this month. It's going to be a busy month!