Monday, March 22, 2021

Folk Art Animals

 On the frame today is my Folk Art Animals quilt.  I am not using a template for this one.  It will be quilted free-hand.  I don't expect it to be done soon.


So far I've done a stencil design in the two corners, wavy lines in the border, and an all-over stipple in the animal section.  The horse's ear and the dog's ear are 3D.  Buttons will be added for the eyes later.

The pattern for Patriotic Folk Animals can be found in the book, AMERICANA QUILTS by Sandy Bonsib.  I really like the star on point on the flag.  The animals are fun.  The horse and dog ears are 3D.  After it is quilted I will sew on the button eyes and a button nose for the dog.  I may even try to do the quilting like the book suggests. 

8 comments:

patty a. said...

This is such a cute quilt.

Bonny said...

I would love to see a picture of the whole quilt. Would you give us the name of the pattern please? I love it!

Kathy S. said...

The pattern for Patriotic Folk Animals can be found in the book, AMERICANA QUILTS by Sandy Bonsib. I really like the star on point on the flag. The animals are fun. The horse and dog ears are 3D. After it is quilted I will sew on the button eyes and a button nose for the dog. I may even try to do the quilting like the book suggests.

I added a photo to my post.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Patty. Hope you got out at lunch to walk today. It's a gorgeous day here!!! Finally!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is looking really fun. Glad you decided just to go for it on the quilting.

Needled Mom said...

That’s really cute!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I’ve not seen Patriotic Animals anywhere else, Kathy. Very cute. Like your “Bonnie “ patterns you are working on. Lots of greeny goodness!

Capital said...

Interesting blog for developing knowledge about embroideries techniques. Now get
Embroidery Digitizing
with perfect result is possible.