Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February OMG Link Up

It's time to link up my February OMG finish.  I'm so happy to have a fun first finish for 2020.

I'm linking up at the One Monthly Goal February Finish Party at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks to all the cheerleaders and motivation!

Here's my first quilt finish for 2020.  The quilt is called Catchin' Some Rays.  Happy Valentine's Day!


All of the fabrics were from my stash.  We got a fresh 4" or so of snow on Wednesday night.
I haven't done a one-fabric back lately.  I liked this pink print for it.  This quilt is quite girly.


Here's a close-up of the double bubble quilting design.  I really like the texture of this quilting.


The pattern was designed by Barbara Jones.  I swapped out the applique flowers that Barbara suggested and replaced them with EPP hexagon flowers because I wanted to learn how to make hexie flowers.  The original pattern can be found in McCall's Quilting January/February 2013 issue.

Check out all the other fine finishes at the Elm Street Quilts February Finish Party.

8 comments:

Preeti said...

Beautiful quilt. Not only do the bright pink/orange flowers look gorgeous against the white background, it is also the promise of spring in the middle of winter. Love your quilting too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Conrgrats on a job well done, Kathy!! It will as some cheer to the dreary days, for sure.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Your quilt is so pretty! That little bits of color in the white.... I adore it!

patty a. said...

Good for you to meet your February goal! It is such a pretty quilt!

James David said...

This is an amazing blog Author contribution regarding the field is really helpful. I love his main assessment.thanks.
Best Embroidery Digitizing

Patty said...

Such happy looking flowers. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Brooke Roberts said...

Learning embroidery doesn't have to be difficult, and it definitely shouldn't feel like a huge investment of time and money. It's actually an easy and inexpensive hobby to jump into! To get started, you only need ​​a basic pattern for beginners and a few supplies embroidery digitizing services.

Megri Digitizing said...

Wow, Marvellous Post! This post is very great and useful quilting design. I am impressed with your great quilt ideas. Thank you so much for sharing this blog.