Thursday, February 6, 2020

My Husband's Project

My husband has been working in the bathroom of the new house.  I LOVE what he did with the sink cabinet!!!



It's sentimental because the wood is from the trees that we took down in 2006 and 2007 from the house I owned before we got married.  We took out 26 hardwood trees.  He has since then made a HOMEMADE sawmill and milled the cherry, red oak, white oak, and black walnut veneers.

The slate fronts are made from the shingles from an old barn that we dismantled that was on his grandparents' property (where we live now.)  They also match the slate inlay pieces that he cut into the tile that made a design around the bathroom.  He is soooooo talented!  I love all the extra sentimental aspects.  The WHOLE house is designed like this.  It's a slow process, but oh so worth it!
Most people don't get it.  But we do and that's what matters.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh Kathy, it is oh so lovely. I love the wood and the slate. What a tremendous job.

barbara woods said...

going to be lovely

barbaradougherty126 said...

How nice and what a talent. I love watching your transition!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous!!! And what a treasure (in your DH and all of the memories being preserved in your new home.)