Sunday, November 10, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Short & Sweet is a Flimsy Table Topper!!!

I'm excited that all of the applique is now complete on this sweet little table topper.  This table topper pattern is from Kim Diehl.  It is called Short & Sweet.  It is in her book Simple Charm.  I LOVE the colors!  I think I know how I am going to longarm quilt it (I think...)


I finished it this week while subbing for the art teacher.  They were learning how to knit.  I participated in the class.  I don't think I've knit anything since I was about 10 or 12 years old.  But it all came back...40 years later.  I did learn that I'm a "thrower" when it comes to my style of knitting.  It may also be called English vs. Continental style of knitting.  It's not really my thing, but it was a fun class.  My stitches are a little rusty, but I am pretty sure I could get them really nice and pretty with a little practice.  


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

8 comments:

Deb A said...

How fun that they teach knitting in art class! Love it. Your topper came out great. Love the colors.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congrats on getting the table runner finished! Can't wait to see how you quilt him. Happy Stitching!

Denise :) said...

The applique really makes that sweet little quilt!! How fun getting back up on the "knitting needles" like that! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love Kim Diehl's use of applique with piecing! Your table topper turned out great! I knit continental as my mom was from Europe. I am not sure the advantages of either but I think you always prefer what you first learned.

Kim said...

Your table topper turned out wonderfully...good on you! I wonder what design you will quilt?? How fun that knitting is taught in class.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

OHIO is gorgeous, btw. And this table topper is too. Knitting is a fantastic hobby too and good for in front of the t.v. I like that these things are being taught in school.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Definitely a little rusty on the knitting, Kathy, but the quilt top turned out GREAT!!