Saturday, January 16, 2021

RSC21 -- Pink

 I finished my hashtag blocks for the Full Stop quilt.  I will be trying to use solid scraps with a grey background.  Fingers crossed that 4+ yards will be enough of this background fabric.  Instructions for this can be found on Angela's blog, SoScrappy, here.


I can't believe how fast this quilt went together.  This is the Winter Blues pattern by Bonnie Hunter.  I was making a baby quilt.  It's a lot bigger than I wanted it to be, but it will still make a nice baby blanket for a sweet girl someday. 


 If I were to make this again as a baby quilt I think I would go with a 4 x 6 layout instead of a 6 x 8 layout as above.  I did not put the border in the pattern on the quilt.  It was getting too big already.  Also, I already had these strips made from several years ago when I was using up tiny scraps during an RSC pink month in February of 2014.  I made them using the long brown paper with the instructions on it from Warm & Natural quilt batting roll.  I sewed them all together and then cut them accurately with my Accuquilt 2.5" strip die.  It went amazingly well that way.  You can read about some of that post here.

Below is a picture of the quilt that I finished using the pink strips back in February, 2019.  You can read all about that quilt here.



I'm linking up at Angela's blog for the RSC21.  Click over that and be amazed by all the fun projects others have created using pink scraps!  Join the fun here.



16 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Wow. That is alot of stitching! Gorgeous quilt.

maggie fellow said...

really pretty - I like your border for it better

Gretchen Weaver said...

The quilt and your border is lovely! Happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Strip border is always fun and unique. Love your new quilt, great use of pink scraps.

scraphappy said...

Two fabulous pink quilts! Love how they both turned out. So glad that you were able to put lots of great pink scraps to work.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the winter blues pattern in pinks!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are great projects - that Winter Blues ( pink) - its lovely - you must have stitched all night and all day to get that put together!! go yoU!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You finished the top of Winter Blues?!?! LOVE it, Kathy!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hashtags look great with the gray background! I also love your pink quilts - they're so happy!

Deb A said...

This is sew pretty in pink! I like to make bigger baby quilts since they grow so fast... and fort making needs bigger quilts! The hashtags look great.

Cathy said...

Sweet winter pinks!

Jenny said...

Love your pink baby quilt, so pretty and all ready and waiting to be gifted to someone special.

grammajudyb said...

Boy, you really went to town on your pink version of Winter Blues. Seems like she just published it! I really like it in pink!

Maggie said...

The quilt in pink looks great, recently saw the blue version.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely pink version of Winter Blues, and beautiful RSC blocks!

Susie H said...

I just LOVE your Winter Blues in pink! I'm definitely going to do the same as soon as my machine gets back from the spa. The Pink Strip quilt is really pretty too. I may take a page out of that book too since I love foundation piecing. Great idea in what ever color!