Sunday, November 17, 2019

Applique Prep. for a New Sew-To-Go Project

I cut out all of the pieces (enough for all the borders--I can use these freezer paper pieces more than once) for a quilt in the book Friendship Strips & Scraps by Edyta Sitar.

I was really just passing time this week.  I'm not sure when this project will start.  I know the applique will be scrappy.  I need to find a fun background fabric in my stash.



I'll be making the quilt titled Spool Quilt.  This will be one of my new on-going RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge ~ there's a linky party every Saturday on Angela's blog, see link at the bottom of this post). Below is a picture of the quilt from Edyta's book.  I will be making my spools

Note to self:  You have scanned and saved this pattern from the library book onto the blue monkey tail zip drive.  It is titled "Edyta Sitar's Spools Quilt from Friendship Strips & Scraps 1 of 6."

In other news, this is what our Ohio weather looked like this week.  We went from having a dandelion in our yard one day to being snow covered the next.  These photos were taken twelve hours apart.  Welcome to beautiful Ohio!



I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

This is my new RSC project as well.  I'm also linking up at Angela's blog for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Life has been super busy.  I really miss my Scrappy Saturday friends!  Hopefully I'll get more sewing machine time during the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. :)

SoScrappy

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

New Project!!! Which one are you working on? Happy Stitching!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Will you machine applique or do needle turn those shapes could work either way. I love the spool quilt and think it will look awesome in rainbow colors! Looking forward to your progress

CathieJ said...

That new project is beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing what fabrics you use to make it. I think it is perfect for the rainbow challenge. What crazy weather. We keep going back and forth from freezing to 50s every other day it seems.

Created by Kathi said...

I didn't know you could check out library books with patterns and copy those and use them... my library isn't easy to access anyway ... but this is exciting to learn that some libraries have this available!!! I will look for that at mine if I can make it in there... Enjoy your challenge for RSC and take care of your hands doing all that applique and cutting esp this week! Kathi

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Is your applique going to be a needle turn, or are you doing it in wool?

grammajudyb said...

My guild did a scrappy exchange a few years ago, and several members made the quilt. Mine is still in UFO stage. I have one side border applique completed. I need to get that out again! I’ll be watching your RSC progress!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great new project! I love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That looks like a great project for RSC20, Kathy! When are you getting heat installed in the new house? Otherwise, I guess we won't see much longarming until Spring! Keep warm, friend.

patty a. said...

There sure are a lot of pieces! It is going to be a beautiful quilt. I am about 30-35 north of you and yes out weather is crazy. We didn't get much snow though- just a heavy dusting.

Denise :) said...

I have that book! She's such a terrific designer! You've got your work 'cut out' for you! It's a beautiful quilt; can't wait to see your progress! :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I’ve had my eye on this project too. I especially love Edytas videos and her projects are all beautiful. Happy Stitching!