Sunday, August 19, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching -- EPP is Addictive!

I'm still working on my pre-printed cross stitch pillow case.  I finished all of the bow on a little road trip in the motorhome.  We love our family time and cherish it.



Yesterday I started something small to take in my sew-to-go bag just in case I get bored with my cross stitch pillow case.  I've never tried English paper piecing and thought I would give it a GO!  (with the help of my new EPP Accuquilt GO! die that I got for an early birthday present).  I LOVE IT!  I thought it would be hard and tedious.  It's fun and relaxing!  So far so good.


 
Since this is my first EPP project, I am making a little table mat for our kitchen table.  It will have a pattern something like this:
 
 
Linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.
 
Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really enjoy EPP work, it's so portable and much smaller than an embroidery piece. You are wise to start with a small project. Enjoy yourself, it's very relaxing!

Deb A said...

New projects in the to go bag are always fun! Great layout for your table runner.

Quilter Kathy said...

I haven't done much EPP yet, but I've heard it's lots of fun...enjoy!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I find it bothers my hands then someone said don't use card stock and use paper. Haven't tried it yet but you are right it can be so addictive.

CathieJ said...

I have an EPP project to start also. I am intimidated by all the papers that I have to cut as each one is a different shape and size. I have never tried it either. I think you are inspiring me to take a look at it later this week. Your pillowcase is so pretty.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Good luck Kathy - and welcome to the world of obsessed EPP quilters. They are fun, relaxing and very addictive. Enjoy!

Susan said...

EPP was one of several things I did back and forth across the US in the years we traveled full-time in a 5th wheel. It fits so nicely in an old candy tin! The pillowcase is looking good!