I finished adding borders to the Blue Frosty & Friends #1 quilt. This is a pattern by Debbie Mumm. It is in a book from 1992 called Quick Country Quilting. You can also find a FREE pattern on Debbie Mumm's site FREE here.
I got the first border on the other two Frosty & Friends quilts. I think I like the red ones better...
Oh, before I forget, there's a fun surprise giveaway at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe! Check it out here.
Speaking of snow... We had our first SNOW DAY home from school this week! What fun!
For the RSC14 I made some Fortune Teller blocks. What a fun use of strings/scraps! These are from the book, Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects - Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabricsby Amanda Jean Nyberg
eBook -- I got it from our county library ONLINE!!!
I finished clue 2 for the mystery doll quilt. You can learn more about the mini fun at Humble Quilts Blog. It's called Cascadia. Hopefully clue 3 will be available today!
I got half of the binding on my butterfly sampler quilt! Expect a Friday Finish!
I didn't work at all on my Celtic Solstice quilt back... I still haven't picked out fabrics (or even colors for the Bonnie Huntery Mystery, Grand Illusion, that starts in NINE days! Yes, I'm excited for it, but I need to get more work on that Celtic Solstice quilt back so that I can get some empty bins and clear my mind for Grand Illusion. Once that quilt is on the longarm frame it will all be downhill...
I did some work to winterize the chicken coop (TWO DAYS BEFORE THE BIG SNOW!) Glad I got that done! Now all I have to do is shovel a path for them now and then.
Our Elf (from Elf on the Shelf), Chippy, has returned and has been up to some fun stuff. Now that our son is in first grade expect some notes that he will have to read! :)
My WIP count this week is still 34. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. Uh oh, I've got a ways to go! I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
New Projects This Week
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler4. Sweet Simplicity BOM
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly
7. Blue Frosty #2
8. Red Frosty #2
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
2. Blue Frosty #1
Ready to longarm
Quilted, needs binding
1. Blue blocks that I won (with butterfly fabric) HALF DONE!
Completed this week: