I made the letters "R" and "S" for the Little Letters QA at Temecula Quilt Company. I'm happy to be so current on a quilt along. It's progressing nicely. Three little letters to go!
I found my Frosty & Friends WIP box. It only had the heads done with the hats and half of the buttons. I sorted and worked and got it to this point. These will make nice teacher gifts!
This is a pattern by Debbie Mumm. It is in a book from 1992 called Quick Country Quilting. You can also find a FREE pattern on Debbie Mumm's site FREE here.
Here's the quilt I made for my son's kindergarten teacher last year:
I loaded my blue sampler quilt onto the longarm frame. I quilted it with Circle Lord Jesters. All done with the quilting. Now to trim and bind.
Speaking of QA's, with the RSC14 colors of light blue, I made a four light blue rows for a doll quilt QA. You can learn more about the mini fun at Humble Quilts Blog. It's called Cascadia. Here's my rows for the first clue.
Here's the other blocks that I got done this week for the RSC14. LOVE these kite girls!!!
My WIP count this week is still 34. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. Uh oh, I've got a ways to go! I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
New Projects This Week1.
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1 (worked on this! just needs checkerboard border!)
13. Sweet Simplicity BOM
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
Ready to longarm
Quilted, needs binding
1. Blue blocks that I won (with butterfly fabric)