I did take on one new project this week. It's a charity quilt for my local quilt guild. Each year we donate a quilt to be auctioned at the Pegasus Farms annual charity event. It's one of their big money makers for the year. Last year's quilt went for $1025. Let's hope this quilt brings more. My part is to longarm quilt the queen-sized quilt. This quilt was pieced by other members of my guild. IT's GORGEOUS! I'm quilting it with my go-to Circle Lord Swirls. The points are so accurate!
Kelly is having a giveaway on her blog today. Check out My Quilt Infatuation. Link up with the Needle & Thread Thursday.
I still can't decide how to quilt this mini.
I made a red kite girl block for the RSC14.
Here's a special little 6" block that I made for a swap.
I managed to make two spoke blocks for the July Block Lotto. I already mailed them to the winner.
Remember this pic of Tiana? Well, sadly ZERO eggs hatched. I'm not sure yet what went wrong. I'm thinking our rooster is still too young.
1. 2014 Pegasus Charity Quilt for Auction
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA
13. Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM
14. Super Mario QA
15. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
Blocks Still Need to be Made1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Set as a Q2 goal)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6. Tall Fly
7. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
Ready to longarm
1. Market Day Sew Along (Heartspun Quilts)
Quilted, needs binding
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
1. Born on the 4th
Completed this week:
1. OSU Baby Quilt
My WIP count this week went from 39 to 38. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!