Monday, August 18, 2014

Beach Towel Hide-A-Key Tutorial

Beach Towel Hide A Key Tutorial

I now that summer is almost done here in Ohio.  I'm posting this for a friend that recently went to the water park with us.  I'm also linking up with Kathy, the Chicken Chick for the Clever Chicks Blog Hop.

Welcome to my first tutorial.  This is my simple Hide-A-Key Beach Towel idea.  I don't like to take a bag or purse to the waterpark.  This is where I keep my "valuables":


To make this, you will need a cheap beach towel, about 10" of Velcro (both sides), and a sewing machine and thread.

Cut Velcro pieces evenly for both sides.  In this case these strips were cut about 4.75".  Securely sew Velcro with a zigzag stitch onto the ends of the towel, leaving a small space for where the towel will be folded.

 
Hook Velcro together and fold towel.  Double stitch on edge of towel to make a "hem". 
 
 
Stitch to make pockets on each end.  I made one pocket about five inches long to accommodate a camera, credit card, and key.
 
 
 
I stitched about 10" on the other end to accommodate a bottle of sunscreen.  The center area is void and not used as a pocket.  You could use the whole end of the towel, but I want to be discrete when getting things in and out of the pocket.
 
 
Hope you liked my first tutorial. If this is your first time here, welcome to my blog.

3 comments:

Andee said...

Smart idea!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

What a great idea for going to the beach. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow what a great idea!