Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Quilt Parade

I volunteered to quilt a few quilts for our local quilt guild's charity drive.  Here's the little pile of quilts I selected from the LQG stash:

This one is all Christmas prints.  It should be easy to make a back for this one out of my stash.

This is a simple panel.  Another easy one to find something from my stash for the back.

I should have some browns/creams for this one.  Easy peasy.  I'm not sure how I'll quilt this yet.

 
Although this one looks simple, it will be more challenging.  The blocks are hand sewn and most of them are coming apart on the end.  Some TLC will be needed before quilting this one.


This one will take a little bit more planning for the back.  But we'll get there.

Adding FIVE more quilts to my WIP list!  But I love keeping my longarm dressed.  I have my Heather Spence mystery quilt on there right now but only half loaded.  I think I'll take it off and practice baptist fan on the quilt that needs TLC.  I'm thinking of doing Baptist fan on the Mystery quilt... I'm just undecided right now.  I need a plan on that one.

Hopefully you be able to see some of these as a Friday finish now and then!

Ironically just yesterday my friend e-mailed me to let me know where a church group gets their polyester batting for their quilts.  It's at this site:  http://okleequilting.com/store/  I thought it was pretty reasonable.  I ordered one roll.  This should be enough for 25 to 30 little quilts!  Keep those quilt tops coming--I guess!

Mini
On a super happy dance note... I completed my part of the MMMRR13 yesterday and sent it on it's way to the next quilter.  Whohoo!  Just in time!






No comments: