Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday 5.16.12

Happy birthday to my sister, Cindy.  Some day (probably next year) I will make you a special quilt out of fabric from my mom and grandma.  Here's what happened in my quilty world this week:

On Mother's Day I was given time to cut out the quilt I am making for the In the Bag Ugly Fabric Quilt Challenge (see button on sidebar).  I have decided to go with Amanda Murphy's Cafe Mocha pattern (and of course just make it a tidge bigger).  There are a LOT of pieces for this quilt.  Hoping they all line up one by one!  I only have one row sewn together.  Many many more to go.

The horizontal and vertical fabrics are interesting.  The cream with the flowers was "fugly" that I won several months ago.  The brown in the strips is one of the fabrics that I got for $3/yard at our LQS that is going out of business (the owner is retiring).  Here they are:



And here's the rest of the great deals of fabric that I bought this week.  I got all this (43+ yards) for only $132!  It's all nice stuff.  It was all $3 per yard.  Most of it is Moda.  I do have a plan for a lot of it.  I went in the shop with lists and patterns in hand.  Some of it is for backs and borders for things on my "to do" list.  Unfortunately my quilting will come to a big halt on 5/29.  That's the last day of school.  But my five year old and me have tons of fun planned for the summer and I'm excited.
But look at this lusious fabric!!!


Here's the block that I made for my May swap paterner in the Block Swap Adventure.


 It's fun to play the May for Me Bingo going on at:
It's a lot of fun.  I'm probably not supposed to show my hand, but here's my card so far:

BINGO UPDATE!!!
After I posted this I checked today's BINGO draws. 
I've got a BINGO!!!


Here's my bingo words in row "I":  Bumble Bee, Bat, Lemon, Tea Cup, Bird.  Now I wait 24 hours or so to see if anybody else has the same "I" BINGO.  If there is more than one person calling bingo then our names go in to a drawing.  Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Yes, I know I have another bingo that is horizontal.  Someone already won that prize.  I don't think they have a prize for a horizontal/vertical cross.  I'm just happy with a BINGO!

Completed Projects -- 4

Completed May Block Swap Adventure block
Completed cutting fabric pieces for Cafe Mocha quilt

Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 8

Dutchman's Puzzle (finally purchased border 5/14/12.)
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need one block to be caught up!)
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show...grrrrrrrrr
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong
Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4
Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together (May's 12 UFO project)
Kaleidoscope QA
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Chasing Chevrons (back made and ready finally)
Projects on Hold: 3
Flower Basket Quilt

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

heather said...

You got a great deal on that fabric. Jealous!
I love the flamingo.

Michele said...

That is some great deal you got there. Do they have an online shop so that I can take advantage of those prics too?

Miss Hillbilly said...

Congrats on the maybe Bingo. Too bad I didn't have something for cross, or plus, or other things that might show up, huh? I think it's going to get crazy from here out!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Congrats! Enjoy your day!