Monday, May 21, 2012

A Quilty Friend

Aren't quilty friends the best?  Look what my friend Chris gave me! She just found out that I liked quilting.  Wow, 33 quilt books and magazines... just because she is "downsizing" and didn't think she would be using them.  Here they are on my couch.
And yes, they look bright and cheery on the first big quilt I ever made (Four in 9-patch) next to my pillow that I won from Julie's blog, and then there's my Eclipse Block Lotto quilt on top of my Pineapple Block Lotto quilt (my Supernova quilt is also on the couch but you can't see it...)

Normally I read quilt books and magaines at the bus stop and in the waiting room at speech therapy (once a week).  There are only five days of school left.  Better plan some reading time...

Don't forget to check out all the giveaways for giveaway day by Sew Mama Sew.  Here a couple alerts:

http://quixoticcrafter.blogspot.ca/2012/05/fast-friday-fat-quarter-giveaway.html
Win five fabulous fat quarters called Bella Citrus from Quixotic Crafter. 

2 comments:

Michele said...

Wow! We'd all like to ahve friends like that.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Isn't it great to be be on the receiving end of someone elses downsizing slide?!