Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday 9/21/11

This week was pretty productive with my Diamond Chains quiltalong.  I have all of my diamond blocks made (28).  I haven't decided 100% to go with the purple fabric yet, but right now that's what I'm using.  You can still join at Tilda's Twisted Life.
Here's the safe layout I have planned (not all green was colored in, but you get the point.)


I worked on my Crumb Along at Jo's Country Junction.   I have 24 blocks that make me happy and removed the yellows and others that I did not like.  I will not be putting the same constant fabric with the blue background and the pink roses/buds in every block.  It's just too much.  A bomb went off on my desk!
I will be joining the DUO quiltalong next week.  It's not a lot of blocks and I will probably be doing a table runner project.  The point is that two gals from across the pond of each other are focusing on the quilting.  One hand-quilts and the other FMQs.  Hopefully I'll get some great quilting tips.

Here's my cut up rows 5 and 6 of the Victoriana Designs Fabric Party.  Normally you get one row to do per month.


I'm caught up on my We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler.  YEAH!

I also sorted some stuff that I had in the 80's.  These fabrics have been put away forever.  I found them today when I was looking for a juicer.  What a find!  Soooooooooo happy!
An over a foot pile of fabric, quilting patterns for quilts and baby quilts.  Gardening books, notions, and extra bins.  Whee!

Check out the awesome fabric giveaway offered over at annabella's blog, Life's Rich Pattern

*****************************************************************************

If you're in to scraps like I am right now, win an autographed copy of Patchwork-Play Quilts at http://roguequilter.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-book-giveaway-woohoo.html  The patterns in the book are right up my alley and just so fun!

8 comments:

Rosa said...

Wow,love your quilt is wonderful almost done,that`s great and your Crumb blocks are very cute.

Kristie said...

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your comments regarding the Drunkard's Path Quilt along! Some people were having trouble with the button graphics due to a glitch- I have fixed that so if you would like to revisit my blog post and recopy and paste the code, it should show up properly now! Sorry about that! Good luck on the giveaway!

Kristie

Angie in SoCal said...

Great crumb blocks, Kathy - love your other quilts too.

Deb A said...

Love the crumb blocks you have made. That will be a very pretty quilt. You have lots of things to keep you busy in the sewing room. So fun to 'find' fabric that we have forgotten about.. like Christmas morning!

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

I love all your crumb blocks. It's interesting to see how they all "work" together to create something greater than themselves.

Jo said...

You were busy at the crumbs again...they are looking good.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love your crumb blocks and I bet you had fun going through your 80's stash!
Quilting by the River

Coloradolady said...

Your blocks look great. I think a bomb went off in my sewing room too. My husband walked by and said, "What happened in here" looks like you had a fit or something....LOL....it is messy work, but I am loving it!! Have a great weekend.