Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crumb Along with Jo's Country Juntion

Jo's Country Junction is having a "Crumb Along".  If you are not familiar with crumbing, check out Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog,  Quiltville  You can check out her site and see lots of awesome free quilt patterns including a pattern for Crumbs

You can join the Crumb Along with Jo.  It hasn't officially started yet.  If you haven’t heard about it, here’s the link.  You can also click the button on my sidebar to get there.

I bought the flue fabric on the left with the pink rose dots on it a little while back to add to some fabric that my mom had started in the 80's.  It didn't match like I thought it would match.  I think it will work for my Crumb Along.  I am going to try to put this fabric in every crumb block. 


I am figuring to make my blocks 6.5" (6" finished).  I hope I can make my orphan blocks work with some of this.   This picture shows the fabric sitting on top of all the scraps in my very very full scrap drawer.  I haven't set a goal yet of how many blocks I will need to make per week to keep up with the Crumb Along.  Hopefully Jo's instructions will help me sort that out a little better.  I'm shooting for a queen-sized quilt if all goes well.

Jo also has set up a a flickr group listed as Crumb a Long Quilts.  Check it out! 


As for my Block Swap Adventure Block, here's a sneak peek of the September block for Blondie in North Carolina.  It is being mailed from Ohio on Monday.  I'm very excited about this block.  I may have to do this one again for myself and one of my samplers.  It's called Morning Star 2 from Quilter's Cashe.  Hope you like it too, Blondie!


Giveaway!  Win an Accuquilt GO! Baby at:

No comments: