Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Here it is, Wednesday again!  This is what I have been working on slowly but surely:

The Crumb Along at Jo's Country Junction  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/?p=4874 is a color challenge for me.  I really like doing the blocks.  I really liked Jo's suggestion for the flying geese block.  I need to do more of those!  Here are my 25 blocks that I made this past week.  Some of them will not be making it into the quilt.  There are just too many colors right now.  I bought one fabric (4 yds for $8 that was supposed to be for a quilt for my mom but the fabric didn't match what I had).  The rest of this quilt is made up of scraps and orphan blocks and left over half square triangles that I just can't seem to throw away from other projects that have you cut a corner of  flying geese.  I'll need to keep spying on my flickr group with this QA and get some ideas.  It's at our Flickr Group .  I don't like the blocks with black, yellow red, or navy blue in them.  Grrrr.  Maybe in the grand scheme of things they won't be that bad.  Each block is 6" finished (6.5").  I really like the blocks with the flying geese, circles, pinwheels, and half square triangles in them.

Here's two blocks that I really like.  I may try to stay in these two color families.  With the Blue Patch Mystery quiltalong getting closer to the end I will have a lot of the light blues.  I am also close to finishing the Rockin' Robin quiltalong and I would have all those pinks.  Hmmmm.  Sounds like a plan!

I also finished my nine blocks for The Block Lotto this week.  September's theme was a curved rail block in batiks.  I was afraid of the curve and wasn't going to enter.  But I did them and they turned out great!
Here's the block I sent to my Block Swap Adventure partner, Blondie:
Blondie wanted a block in red, yellow, and white.  The scrappier the better.  She also liked stars.  I am very happy with this block.

I'm still thinking about my layout for the Diamond Chains QA.  I LOVE the block idea that Melinda had.  I'm a little worried about negative space quilting.  I'm going to stalk the Flickr page on that quilt along as well.

New Projects:  1  Crumb along with Jo's Country Junction

Completed Projects -- 6!
    Block lotto blocks
    Blocks 9 and 10 of the We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
    25 Crumb blocks for the Crumb along
    Cut the solid Diamond Chain QA blocks
    September Block Swap Adventure block
    X's and O's charity quilt top done


Currently in Progress:  7
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (currently caught up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need to do this week's star and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need to do one row)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need 6 more blocks)

Quilt Tops Awaiting backs and to be quilted:  3
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Oh Susannah! Mystery Quiltalong - California King
Kaleidoscope Quiltalong


Projects on Hold: 6
Flower Basket Quilt
30"x30" Quilt for the June '12 quilt show
Charity Quilt for our local quilt guild (2 cut)
I am still a little behind on the Rockin' Robin (2.5 rows)
May Block Lotto Pineapple Blocks to be put together
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



******************************************************************************

No comments: