Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday #36

This week was quite productive for odds and ends plus one BIG project.  Today I finished rows 3 and 4 of the Victoriana Quilt Designs Fabric Party Quiltalong  http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/BlockoftheMonth/VQDFabricParty.htm
I really like the colors on this quilt, it's the Seaglass Jellies and bundles from JoAnn Fabrics with just a couple of my others thrown in to break up all of the prints.
I decided to get in on the Kaleidoscope quiltalong with Don't Call me Betsy at http://dontcallmebetsy.blogspot.com/2011/05/come-join-kaleidoscope-quilt-along.html  Right now I don't know exactly how I'm going to do the colors.  It's just pink prints and more pink prints...  The solids are just multiple shades of pink.  Boring, boring, boring.  I am making it baby quilt size.
I am pleased with completing the We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler Block #3.  LOVE my colors on this quiltalong as well.  Block #3 is the Churn dash on the left in the photo.  Here it is with it's friends.  Get the details at http://sewnbyleila.blogspot.com/

I also made my five sets of blocks for the block lotto for July already!  Yes, it has been a busy week!
http://www.blocklotto.blogspot.com/
And for the grand finale this week, I finally sandwiched my Country Kitties California King quilt.  Wheeee!
It's ready and waiting to take over the kitchen table for quilting some day.   http://www.free-quilting.com/detail.html?code=FQ00052&cat_id=1 
Yes, I'm still joining quiltalongs and such.  But I am also keeping up on them.  What's one more block/row per week?  Ha ha.  When will I learn?

New Projects:  Betsy's Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
Summer Sampler Series

Completed Projects --  6 -- WOW, a record!
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler block 3
5 sets of Block Lotto Blocks for July
Sandwiched Country Kitties California King Quilt
Finished Rows 3 & 4 for the Victoriana Fabric Party Quiltalong
Cut and Sewed the first two instructions for the Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
Selected fabrics for the Summer Sampler Series Quiltalong


Currently in Progress:  9
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong
30"x30" Quilt for the October quilt show
Block Swap Adventure
Charity Quilt for our local quilt guild
Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
Summer Series Quiltalong
Jungle Babies baby quilt for my niece

Quilt Tops Awaiting backs and to be quilted:  4
(California King - Country Kitties)
(Jungle Babies - Baby quilt)
(Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt)
(Oh Susannah! Mystery Quiltalong - Queen quilt)

Projects on Hold: 1
Flower Basket Quilt
Charity Quilt #2

Have a great week, everybody!






GIVEAWAYS

For a nice giveaway, go to http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-must-have-happy-mochi-yum-yum-and-im.html  Lily Quilts is giving away some MUST HAVE HAPPY MOCHI YUM YUM!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Congrats on so many finishes!

Linda said...

It makes me tired just readying your list and seeing what all you've been up to! Wow!

Jenniffier said...

Lucky you keeping up on the quilt alongs. I couldn't just start with one. I started with three and I am only caught up on one of them. I am doing a couple same ones of you. Your progress looks great!

Leanne said...

Beautiful work! I look forward to seeing the pink Kaleidoscope!

Melinda said...

Wow! You have so much going on! I love the fabrics in your first project. I used a sea glass jelly roll to make my mom the 'awesome lap quilt' from moda bake shop. I love how yours are coming together. And your Skill Builder blocks look great as well!