Friday, July 8, 2011

Kaleidoscope Quiltalong in Pink

The kaleidoscope quiltalong top has been pieced.  I was very leary of putting all pinks together like this.  I decided to place them randomly.  I didn't even lay the blocks out on the floor before sewing it.  I just tried to do the solids in a light/dark pattern even though I knew I had more lights than darks.  Well, the result is that I LOVE the way it came out.  It still needs pressed.  I had to get it outside for a picture between raindrops today.  The center of each block is still a little humpy.  Hopefully that will work out when I sandwich it and stretch it just a tidge.  I'm not really thrilled with sewing angles other than 90 and 45 degrees yet.  I think if I would have bought a template instead of trying to make one out of cheap template material I would have been happier with cutting the pieces.  Now I need to decide on a small border and back to make it just a little bigger.  Off to root through my pinks...

3 comments: