Saturday, October 14, 2023

Tree of Life Block in Aqua -- Accuquilt Cut

This week I made a Tree of Life block in aqua.  I really like the colors in this block even through trees aren't this color. 



The pieces were quickly cut using the Accuquilt BOB (block on board) die.  I got this die for Christmas last year.  The block measures 14.5" (14" finished).  I'm not sure how many blocks I will make.  I'm not sure of how I will set them.  Time will tell.  I do like this block.  I need to remind myself that I pushed the needle adjustment four times (right side) to get the 1.0 setting for the seam allowance to get that nice 1/4" seam.  If I don't record this somewhere I will forget if I pushed the button four or five times and my blocks will come out different sizes.  We definitely don't want that.
I'm linking up with the RSC23.

Grab button for SoScrappy


12 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your tree! The colors are so lovely, happy stitchng!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful colors and awesome block. Keep going! Maybe some fall ones? Spring ones?

grammajudyb said...

I hear that, about recording how you do it! I keep a small notebook in a basket near my machine, and I’m a great user of sticky notes attached with a pin! Love that block! Lots of little pieces.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful block! So many little HSTs. Are you planning to do one in every color of the rainbow? That would make an amazing quilt!

maggie fellow said...

trees are beautiful in any color

Sara said...

That's a beautiful block! Great color choice.

Jenny said...

That's a lovely block, such a pretty aqua tree, and why not? You could make a beautiful forest of rainbow coloured trees!

Mari said...

Love your tree! Why not a rainbow forest, at least until you get tired of making them?

sue s said...

Not a regular commenter but I was excited to see your tree. Love aqua anywhere! I am currently making tree blocks too- hubby's request after he saw one I'd done on a sampler. My pattern is not from Accu-quilt but same idea. I've got 5 done in various fall colors and they are looking beautiful! No setting yet either.

Helenchaffin said...

Luv that block,I've always wanted to make a quilt with them in green,maybe one day! the aqua is pretty!

patty a. said...

The aqua tree is beautiful!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It IS a really pretty block. I've looked at that BOB many times. Hmmm, maybe.