Saturday, October 21, 2023

Tree of Life (Accuquilt Cut) in Orange

 Tree of Life block in orange was made this week.  This is a die from Accuquilt.  


The block measures 14.5" (14" finished).  I'm not sure how many blocks I will make.  I'm not sure of how I will set them.  Time will tell.  I do like this block.  I need to remind myself that I pushed the needle adjustment four times (right side) to get the 1.0 setting for the seam allowance to get that nice 1/4" seam.  If I don't record this somewhere I will forget if I pushed the button four or five times and my blocks will come out different sizes.  We definitely don't want that.
I'm linking up with the RSC23.

Grab button for SoScrappy

6 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your comment about needing to record your needle position cracked me up. Why? Because it is such a universal issue we can all relate, to. The next big step is remembering where you recorded it. Of course, now you have it your post. The precision of your block is perfection.

Deb A said...

I post things on the blog so I remember them as well. I have post it notes by the sewing machine as well. Your block is beautiful.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely Halloween tree! Very nice piecing work!

Jenny said...

Another lovely block, they look very complicated to me.

patty a. said...

The block is beautiful and having the right seam allowance with a block that has so many pieces would be critical! I am bad about writing settings down too. I always think I will remember. LOL!!

Queenplay said...

Your post is a beacon of brilliance! Insightful, well-crafted, and thoroughly engaging. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us.