Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Returning to the Longarm Room

I'm slowly making my way back to the longarm room.  Here you see my administrative assistant sorting things that a friend gave me.  He loves to open the boxes and just sort.  Yes, he is happy to help.  


Here's what he started with.  I have to admit...it is exciting to open a box of fun.


There are big chunks of up to a half yard to sort.


Some are pieces of gently used sheets.


There are little boxes of shapes and cardboard templates that have been cut with scissors.


There are a few blocks that have been sewn.  Some have been sewn by hand.


There are triangle pieces, diamonds, and tumbler shapes.


There are several different sizes of squares.


I'm thankful for my sorter helper.  I'm not sure when all these shapes will be used.  All of the big chunks have made it to their respective color bin.  There were several fun neutrals.  We can always use neutrals.

There will be no quilting or sorting today.  I am taking the administrative assistant on an adventure to an Ariel trail.  It's one of those places that straps the kid to a harness and lets him climb all over different obstacles.  Sometimes there's a little zip line here or there.  He doesn't know where where we are going, but he is uber excited.  School for him starts on Tuesday, 8/22.  

School for me starts TOMORROW.  Although I have been working on and off most of the summer.  I substitute teach at a school that has an alternative calendar for the school year.  They basically go all year round, but have longer breaks during the school year.  They did have the month of July off.  I am excited to get back to a regular schedule for me and our son.








3 comments:

patty a. said...

What fun boxes of goodies! You are lucky to have an administrative assistant to sort for you! I hope everything is going well and everyone is healthy and having a fun summer!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have an awesome time with your son. It's nice he likes to sort through boxes, that looks like it would have been overwhelming without him!

Linda Swanekamp said...

School time already! Wow. I am glad you are looking forward to it. Nice stuff in the boxes, take your time to think about what to make. Sometimes, a lot of precut shapes make me antsy to think what to do with them. I use lots of graph paper. Owen has so much grown up.