Wednesday, August 16, 2023

On The Frame -- A Friend's Quilt to Longarm

 After our little sorting project earlier this week, I had time to load a quilt that I am longarming for a friend.  I am back to school for the rest of this week.  I am a full time substitute teacher.  I'll be able to work on the quilting of this quilt an hour or two here and there until it is finished.  I am excited to get back into the routine.


This quilt is just basic strips sewn together.  It is wider at the bottom than at the top.  Some will need to be trimmed.  She gave me a blanket to use as the batting.  I am using one of my Circle Lord giant template boards for the quilting design.  This design is called Ribblets.


2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've always wondered how long arm quilting would work with a blanket as batting. I've got some old blankets to get used somehow. Getting back into the swing of school can be challenging, hope all goes well for you!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It looks a bit tricky to quilt. To stay flat and even has to be challenging. I am sure it will look wonderful when you are done. I hope the kids at school are not giving you a hard time. Substitute teachers can be targets for kids.