Saturday, January 22, 2022

RSC22 -- Red Progress

 I made three more sets of 3.5" HST for my Rainbow HST quilt.  I got the idea from Jennifer who blogs at Life's Little Adventures. 


Oops! I did it again.  I started another project -- but for perfectly good reason.  Ha ha.  I started substitute teaching regularly again (part time.) There is a desperate need for substitute teachers in my area (and I think all over the country.)  One local school district started paying double what the other school districts pay.  It's one of the districts that I signed up for right before Covid.  It requires a lot of additional paperwork and referenced, but I did all of that back then.  I am only working two half days a week this month.  I may work more the rest of the school year depending how Owen does at home.  So far he's been doing great.  I have three good neighbors for back-up if he needs something.  Anywho... I decided to take a quilt to cut instead of a hand sewing project in my sew-to-go bag.  The new project I started is Pam Buda's doll quilt pattern called From the Heart.  This is a free pattern on Pam Buda's site, Heartspun Quilts  until January 23, 2022.  So if you want this free pattern download, act fast!  This project is all cut and ready to sew.  Finished doll quilt is 14" x 20".


I'm continuing to make 3.5" rail fence blocks.  Only three red ones were made this week.  345/900 done.


I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful bits of RED for the RSC, Kathy!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

God bless you for signing up to sub! That's one of the hardest jobs I've ever done - and I was a classroom teacher for 30 years. Meanwhile, your red blocks are fun, too. New projects are a hazard of being a quilter, I think!

grammajudyb said...

A doll quilt! Fun! I really need to narrow down just what I will do for RSC.
And thank- you for subbing! I admire teachers so much! Especially now! Lots of my quilter friends come from the teaching community, most retired now, because we are all of “that age”! But, kudos to you!