Sunday, January 24, 2021

Patriotic Folk Animals Quilt Top Complete

 This week I finished putting my Patriotic Folk Animals quilt together. This was a simple project I chose because it had some embroidery and some applique.  I finished the animals when I used to take my sew-to-go bag to school back in November of 2019 and they sat on the shelf until this week.


The pattern for Patriotic Folk Animals can be found in the book, AMERICANA QUILTS by Sandy Bonsib.  I really like the star on point on the flag.  The animals are fun.  The horse and dog ears are 3D.  After it is quilted I will sew on the button eyes and a button nose for the dog.  I may even try to do the quilting like the book suggests.  

This quilt isn't really my style.  It ends up around 54.5" x 61".  I guess it would be a big wall hanging or fit a toddler bed.  I did like the skills I learned.  All the fabrics were from my scraps.  I'm pretty happy with it thus far.  Hopefully I'll make a pieced back today.  The red/white/blue cheater fabric that I was gifted isn't big enough, but it will definitely be the main show on the back.  I doubt if I will center it.  I see some red/white/and blue fabric scraps in my near future today.




I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  What are you working on?


I don't think I am going to continue with my Peppermint Purple SAL.  The work is just too small for me.  I am taking it off my WIP list and I will find something else for my Slow Sunday Stitching.  I stitched half of the second week, but I don't want to feel like I'm always behind. I will admire all of those that are stitching it from my machine sewing chair.  I tried stitching yellow centers with green other parts of the pattern.  It was just frustrating because I couldn't see them at all.


I did learn that I really like this small embroidery hoop.  Wow, after taking this photo I CAN yellow in the center.  I can't see it when I was stitching it.  Hmmm.


7 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I bought the book with the Patriotic Animals quilt without realizing it. I recognized it right away from your Sunday Stitching posts and I just love it. I like the other patriotic quilt too.... red, white and blue is always perfect.

Kathy S. said...

I made the stars quilt quite a while back and gave it to the neighbor for a baby quilt. She loved it and took a pic with the baby on it for months. I think he still drags it around at age two. :)

Karrin Hurd said...

I love that Patriotic Animals quilt, and love your RWB project! Happy Stitching!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Some child will go ga-ga over that quilt. You did a great job.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I love this quilt, Kathy. Those patriotic farm animals are just too cute and the cheater cloth will be a perfect background. Looking forward to seeing it completed. And love your blog; I am so inspired every time I visit. Thank you so much for sharing. .Happy quilting.

patty a. said...

The quilt top turned out so pretty!

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com