Sunday, April 7, 2019

Stitch A Long Setback

I had a learning setback this week.  I spilled coffee on my project in my to-go bag!  YIKES!  Normally the thermos does not spill.  I quickly grabbed it out of the dishwasher.  The seal was still in the dishwasher.  Epic fail.

It's a little hard to tell that the coffee is on the bottom left part of the cloth.  I add coconut oil to my coffee. 


Here it is the next day after a run though the washing machine with regular detergent.  The stain/smell is gone.  There was some shrinkage of everything.  Stitch on!  You can see I stitched a few feathers this week.  I've decided to stitch each set or two of feathers a different shade of green/teal.


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yikes that could have been a total disaster but I'm glad you have salvaged it with hopefully no lasting effects. Peacock is looking good!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad you were able to get out the stain!
Your peacock is growing beautifully!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Good save! Your peacock looks very nice. Happy Stitching!

CathieJ said...

So glad the stain came out. Your peacock is looking very pretty and a good session with the steam iron will get out all those wrinkles later on. I always wash my stitching pieces due to the oil in my hands so your piece should be just fine.

Kim said...

That is good you were able to undo all the damage. Your peacock is looking great.

Needled Mom said...

Wow. Thank goodness you were able to get it out.