Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday 9.11.13

Busy busy busy!  Notice I didn't even have time to put commas in that sentence...  I thought with kindergarten starting that I would have more time to quilt.  NOT!  Kindergarten makes me really busy.  Just busy.  Here's what happened this week:

I finished the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM for September.  I didn't really like this block at first, but when I saw how nice my points turned out, it's one of my favorite blocks in the quilt.  This block is called End of Summer.

 
 
I finished longarming the Pegasus Charity Quilt (a group effort quilt for my local quilt guild).
 
 
 
I also picked up a few more quilts at my LQG to longarm for charity.
 
 
 
I'm working on the binding on my Tumbler Charm quilt.  Expect an exciting Friday Finish!  Other than that, not much happening this week.

New Projects
0

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Gave blocks to LQG Round Robin swap 4.23.13
3.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM
4.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
5.  Picadilly Circle
6.  Snowman quilt (pattern from Debbie Mum's book)
7.  Star Surround QA at Happy Quilting blog
8.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play
9.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
10.  MSBHQAL


Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)

Quilts back needs o be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
3.  LQG Christmas charity quilt
5.  Lucky Stars


Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I am going to straight-line quilt this one.)
3.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  Easy Street (still have no idea how to quilt this big one.)
5.  Geese blocks from May 2013 Block Lotto
6.  LQG Ship charity quilt
7.  LQG Pegasus quilt (loaded on the longarm 9/4/13)

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Tumbler Charm quilt


Each Wednesday I try to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Check out what others are doing!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

Your block turned out very nicely! So glad you did it :)