Monday, December 19, 2011

Orca Bay Step 5 Complete

Yeah!  Orca Bay Step 5 is complete for the week.  This step wasn't so bad.  If you noticed in the previous pictures, sometimes I proudly dumped my pile of blocks out for the photo.  I wondered why some people didn't seem to show their blocks and just showed piles of blocks.  Now I know!  Don't do that.  Keep them neatly oranized and stacked all the same way, tightly packed in ziplock baggies!  They are a lot easier to do the next step that way.  So here's this step all counted (350) and piled:
And here's what they look like with their friends from the other steps awaiting Step 6:
And just for fun here's my happy 4 1/2 year old...  He's so happy and excited about Christmas!


*******************************************************************************
Today's Giveaways!
*******************************************************************************

April at KoolBeenz is giving away a $25 credit for fabric or patterns at the Fat Quarter Shop!  Check it out!

********************************************************************************

8 comments:

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Wow - love your colour choices. Can't wait to see how yours will turn out with the yellow. Gonna be great I reckon!

liz said...

I like the idea of the little bags. Very neat. Colour choice is cool too. Well done on all your sewing.

carolyn berroeta said...

How exciting to see all the different colors we have chosen. All these quilts will look so different. Well done !

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, what fun to see a different colour scheme. Good idea for keeping things together. I really should take a leaf out of your book!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love your color choice! Your son is such a sweetie, I bet he is excited waiting for Santa to come!
Quilting by the River

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun photo of your son! Love your color choices...

TDJ said...

I like the yellow. I separate, too, if it gets mixed up I get a little discombobulated. Cannot wait to see your finished Mystery Quilt.

Are you going to have snow for Christmas?? I lived in Ohio when growing up, Piqua, near Dayton. Snow was always a hit or miss for the Holidays. We live in Texas so it is out of the question here but we are praying for rain, and lots of it.
I love quilting in the rain (just not 'IN' the rain) it just seems so home

Quilting By Celia said...

Yellow looks fabulous.