Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cat Patches New FO Challenge



It's not like me to start a new challenge each other month... each month...  week...  So I am going to link up with Barbara at Cat Patches the end of each month to show something new I have planned.  She's got a linky party going on right now.  Here's the link:  http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-on-your-2012-newfo-to-do-list.html

1)  If you look at Barbara's list, she listed White Birches--pattern appeared in the October, 2010, issue of Quilter's World.  Well, after seeing her post and how pretty the quilt was I just had to run to eBay and order that back issue of Quilter's World so that I could have the pattern too.  I know I have fabrics like that in my stash.  I feel the need to make a quilt for my sister.  This could be the one for her.  We'll see.  Look at it!


2)  I MUST save a spot open in November, 2012 for another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  Orca Bay is my first of Bonnie's Mystery quilts.  I am very happy with it and wish to continue this each year.

3)  By the end of May I need to finish a 30"x30" quilt for the June Quilt Show with our local quilt guild.  I have my plan for this for the most part... sorry, Brandy, I'm not telling you what it is.  Tee hee.

4)  If I ever win a fat quarter bundle I would love to use Amanda Murphy's pattern Garden Jewels.

Portraits of My Garden photo

5) I'd love to make a triangles scrappy quilt like the one Judy from http://grammasquiltingroom.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-quilt-top.html  made after she saw Julie's quilt.  It would be a great scrap basket buster and I could use the dies I already have with the GO! Baby!  This might be something that I work on as I visit my mom in the nursing home.  My mom's nursing home experience doesn't seem to be pleasant.  I'm not sure yet if I want to tie a quilt to the memory of it yet.

6)  I love the raw edge circles on the quilt I saw at Marg's blog, Sunshine in Paradise.  (  http://sunshineparadiseplease.blogspot.com/2011/12/ta-dah.html )  Marg's colors are JUST beautiful!  You can see the great tutorial of it at Cluck Cluck Sew ( Raw Edge Circle tutorial by Allison).  I could use my stash to make an adorable baby quilt for our annual charity quilt for the Local Quilt Guild.

Hmmmmm.  Are you seeing any pattern to my wish list?  The problem is that several of them are quilts that I just saw today... (But I have also seen the patterns before and really liked them.)  I'm sure there will be more that I just LOVE and have to have.  This is my list to start.  We'll see where 2012 takes me.  My goal is TWELVE finished in '12.

Happy New Year!

This is kinda funny.  I got this message in my e-mail today while I was trying to join Fabricaholics Anonymous (Yahoo group).

" I  am sorry, membership of this group is closed to new members until
February 1st.  Your membership will be denied, but please come back
later to join us later.
Thank you."


4 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

LOL I tried to join that group yesterday and it told me the group was closed as of the 15th of December. Never gave me a date when they were going to reopen it.

Kate said...

Love your projects for 2012. It will be fun to see your challenge posts next year.

Barbara said...

These are all great projects. I'm so glad you'll be joining us. Isn't that White Birches quilt great? I didn't have it on my list originally because it kind of fell off my radar screen. I was trying to come up with one more project when I remembered it. It'll be fun to see what we both come up with. Have fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love that White Birches! It will be fun to see you and Barb working on it. Such an adventurous list of fun projects - looks to be a super year.