Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Block Swap Adventure

Here's the block I made for Karen in Portland, OR.  It is the November Block Swap Adventure block.  Karen requested the Signature Star block from Quilter's Cashe.  She also liked bright, bold or dark, rich colors.  She also liked large prints.  The sraps I won from Oliver and Ollie's blog were perfect for the center part of this block.  Surprisingly I got this block done very very early in the month and I didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the time.  Whew!  I love an early deadline!

I'm telling ya!  This type of swap really increases my skills.  I love the colors in this AND it measured a nice 12.5"!!!  Remember several months ago when I would have to make 2 - 3 block swaps each month to get the right size?  Nice!

See the scraps I won compliments of Oliver and Ollie at http://www.oliveandollie.com/2011/10/sleeping-beauty-kaffe-fasset-winner.html
*********************************************************************************
Check out the review on the amazing Bounce dryer bar at Smashed Peas and Carrots.  Enter the drawing to win a $50 Visa gift card.  Here's the link: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/11/bounce-bar-review-and-visa-50-gift-card.html?showComment=1320765685856#c3061145241713302912
*********************************************************************************

1 comment:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful block! Karen is sure to love it.