Friday, November 11, 2011

Dutchman's Puzzle Blocks

This week I (believe it or not) started another new project.  The reason I started this project is because I had a vintage sheet burning a hole in the bin and I had several hours time while waiting on my truck to be serviced.  While in the waiting area I managed to rip two vintage sheets and strips of muslin to make at least three quilts!  They are so cute in the little folded stack that they look like a fabric bundle, but there are only three different colors.  I then proceeded to cut out all of the units to make the flying geese for the Dutchman's Puzzle blocks.  (I'm not sure what I'm doing with the second set of sheet strips, but they are ready when I need them.)  I am making this quilt because of one I found that was very much used by my family.  I think my great grandmother made it out of feed sacks, but I'm not sure.  Enough talk, here's my modern version of the block:

I have 12 of these done already.  I'm a chain stitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment