Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday #32


Meg's Finish-it-up Challenge had me look at all the little (and big) things I have started.  Besides joining quiltalongs and block of the month-type projects (which is just always just one more block), I am going to try to finish some of my on-going projects this summer.  Check out Meg's challenge at
http://fashionedbymeg.blogspot.com/2011/06/finish-it-up-challenge-come-join-in.html

This week I proudly finished the Sunflower Seeds quiltalong with Jamie Mueller.  You can find her site at http://jamiemueller.blogspot.com/p/awesome-quilt-along.html

This week I also completed the We Can Do It Skill Builder with Leila at

I made this lovely Log Cabin block.  It is my first log cabin block ever.  I like the little owl in the middle.


Here are some UFO's that I will be trying to complete this summer
Quilt guild 30" x 30" Quilt for the quilt show... due in October.


California King Country Kitties -- needs a back, quilted and binding

Baby quilt for my niece.  Her shower will probably be in July.  Gotta get busy on this one.  At least I decided on the colors and fabric.  Now I have to come up with a pattern/arrangement.


Victorianna quiltalong.  LOVE the colors of this one!  This picture doesn't do it justice.


Red and white flower basket quilt.  This probably won't be finished this summer.  But I love to look at it.  I will probably also work on cutting out more pieces while we are camping this summer.  I won't take my sewing machine on the camping trip, but I will take my fabric that needs cut.


This Jellyroll Race Quilt needs a back, quilted and a binding.  I may choose to make it a little bigger.  My husband keeps saying that he likes the colors on this one.  I was planning on giving it as a gift but I guess we'll keep it.  You can check out 1Choice4Quilting's site at http://blog.1choice4quilting.com/2011/06/if-you-thought-jelly-roll-race-was.html  They are always having cool contests and special deals as well.


I might be just dreaming on this one, but it is a UFO.  I am not happy with the blocks.  There are only two.  I could turn them around and they are Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars pattern. 

Also this week I was able to use one of my new cool quality made labels from Jennifer's Jewles.  I won these from KoolBeenz.  Just had to thank them and show them off again.
I love this quilt that needs a back, quilted, and binding, of course.  My husband thinks it needs a gold border... not sure about that.  But I do have some gold I need to get from storage upstairs and we'll see what it looks like.  My husband is usually pretty good with colors and such (much better than me.)  This quilt was a Mystery Quiltalong with http://erikhomemade.typepad.com/erik_homemade/


Then of course I also have the beautiful pineapple blocks that I received from winning the Block Lotto.  It is a Bonnie Hunter design as well!

This week's stats:
New projects - 1 (Started sewing Jungle Babies baby quilt for my niece)
Completed projects - 2 (We Can Do It Skill Builder - Block 1 AND Sunflower Seeds quiltalong)
Currently in progress - 6

5 comments:

Melinda said...

So YOU are the owl LC! That one is so cute! I saw it in the Flickr group. You have so many projects and they're all lovely! I did Jamie's lap quilt too and I love it.

Susan said...

Love the owl! I agree that you have a lot going on but they all look lovely. The Mystery Quilt Along Quilt is stunning!

Lynette said...

A lot of cool projects. I especially love the last two!

Leanne said...

Lots of beautiful work!

Dakata said...

I can't believe how busy you've been!! I love the fabric for your niece's baby, that is really neat. I think your husband is right about the gold border on the quilt top using his work colors, gold would look awesome!