Saturday, October 17, 2020

Garden Party

 When my friend dropped off a quilt for longarming this week she noticed my Garden Party quilt on the shelf.  She said, "Boy that's pretty!  Look at all those little pieces."  I proudly got it out and showed it to her.  That motivated me to work on it again.  I took the time to finish laying out the last eight rows on our bed.


I started putting these blocks together when RED was the color of the month for the RSC on 3/22/2017.


I have eight rows to put together, hence the multiple photos.  These blocks go together nicely, but sometimes I get a row mixed up.  It's nice to have a detailed photo for reference.


Garden party is laying on top of my Ohio quilt.  I really like the looks of the grey and red border of the Ohio quilt peeking out.  I'm not a huge fan of tiny blocks along the edge of a quilt for longarming purposes.  This quilt will get some sort of border.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy for the RSC20.





11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

The gray and red border will totally work for your Garden Party quilt. It's going to be SEW pretty, Kathy!!!

Jenny said...

Such a lot if work in making all those blocks! But as we all know, good things take time.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is really pretty, Kathy! I love the red 9 patches that create the chain effect.

grammajudyb said...

Garden Party is so pretty! Hope it will soon be permanently on your bed!

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's beautiful! Get it finished so we can see beautiful quilting! Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

Wow! Love all the reds in this one and such tiny pieces! So glad your friend mentioned it so it could come out and play.

Chantal said...

Wow! At first I thought you had a finished Garden Party. It looks so lovely with the grey border and the red one. I love it. Then I noticed that the rows were crooked at the bottom. Okay, so it is not done. I should start by reading the post before I just to conclusion but I never learn. Haha. Anyway, it is gorgeous and I do hope you will finish it soon. It's too beautiful to be hiding on a shelf somewhere. I too take pictures of the quilt when I have the final layout. How did Grandma ever done this without a camera? Enjoy! ;^)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just lovely, lovely. It is a great scrappy quilt. I find it fascinating to look at.

Andee Neff said...

This pattern is one of my all time favorites! Yay on getting it out and going again.

Needled Mom said...

That is a fabulous scrap quilt! The red chain really pulls it all together.

patty a. said...

Isn't it funny what gets us motivated to work on a project that has been languishing in the shadows? The quilt is beautiful and the red unites the design.