First I made a yellow scrappy block with one piece of white in it to go with other blocks of other colors I recently found while cleaning out the sewing room. Usually I use smaller pieces of scraps. I think I just wanted this block to be done.
Since I had little pieces left over, I made piles of beaks and feet for my RSC19 Owl's Well That Ends Well blocks. It wasn't a lot of work now since I just ironed the scraps and put them on the Accuquilt die and cranked them through. I'll be glad I made these 80 or so triangles when it comes time to make owl blocks in the color of the month. I won't have to dig through my yellows again and will make the production go much quicker.
It's from the book Quilts for Scrap Lovers by Judy Gauthier. Just to jog your memory, here's what two of the owl blocks look like:
I don't know what happened to my brain the day I made these blocks... They were supposed to be box kite blocks. (This is scrap block pattern by Bonnie Hunter.) I counted how many HST and squares I needed for each block. I cranked them through the Accuquilt. Oops! I sewed them in the wrong formation! I'm keeping them like this. It will give some interest to the quilt.
This is what they are supposed to look like:
I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC19.