Saturday, October 29, 2016

October RSC -- Orange

Last Saturday of the month and I made time to make a few scrappy hourglass blocks.  I started these hourglass blocks before Bonnie Hunter made them cool with the leader/ender challenge block this year.  I'm only making a few a month with my busy schedule right now, but I'm enjoying the process.  It's a leader/ender project...that's the way they work.

Here's my 12 orange hourglass blocks...

 
Speaking of orange,  my quilty BFF from across the country (California) is Julianne that blogs at Quilting with Calicos surprised me with this gorgeous, scrapalicious deliciousness of a festive pumpkin table runner.  It was a surprise package in the mail.  Isn't it GORGEOUS???
 
 

Love ya, Jules!!!
 
I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for this week's installment of RSC16. Be sure to check out all the other scrappy goodies at the linky party today.
 
RSC 15

7 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I'll be working on hourglass units next year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge too! I found an old quilt magazine with scrappy units that even threw in three other random blocks (maybe a nine patch and something else?), so I might do that.

LA Paylor said...

lucky....

Ariane said...

Your hour glass blocks look great. Isn't that a wonderful gift. Love the pumpkin table runner.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your orange blocks are going well. Like you say, no rush. What a perfect gift for Halloween. It's a delight to get a gift package in the mail. Have a fun week!

Kate said...

Your hour glass blocks look a little like pieces of candy corn in the photo. Making things as leaders and enders is a life safer when I want to make something, but don't really have the time. Hopefully things will slow down some for the holidays and you'll have more stitching time

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome ORANGEness (you lucky girl!!!)

Julianne said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you were surprised and that you love it ! I knew it was going to a good home ! Love ya quilty Sis!