Here's my helper sorting the yellows:
We also have the reds sorted...
I have a pile of fabrics that a friend's mother gave to me. I need to figure out what to make with it. I owe a special couple a wedding quilt and I told them I would make it for them before their 2nd wedding anniversary. They got married 10/20/15. Here's the fabrics. Let me know your ideas!
The dark teal fabric on the bottom left will be the backing. The rest is what I have to work with. One of the patterns is called Organ Mountain Quilt??? which is in New Mexico. Don't know how the fabric made it to Ohio... But I have it now.
No other new projects for this week. I am working on finishing customer quilts one by one!
I got a new chicken this week. I named her Phyllis because of her resemblance to Phyllis Diller. She was the last surviving chicken in her flock. Others were eaten by something. She needed a home so that she could be with other chickens. Well, here she is!
I finished quilting my 2015 BOM Vacation Time -- Mystery Quilt by Pat Sloan.
I made seven blocks for the City Sampler At Your Own Pace QA this month. These are some of the cross blocks. I like the one with the orange and the one with the little blue cross.
I am finishing up a customer's pineapple quilt. Here it is on the frame. I'm quilting it with Birdys.
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced today http://www.freshlypieced.com/
New Projects This Week
1. Started sorting fabrics for Bonnie Hunter 2015 Mystery, Allietpie!
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. Fortune Teller (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts (added to the maroon blocks)
8. Challenge at FabricsNQuilts. mystery quilt (starts July 15, 2015!)
9. That Quirky Scrap QA with Leila at Sewn (I finally found those four patches I did!)
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
14. Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
15, Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16. Kite Girl (RSC14) Need one more red block and sashing made
17. Charm Square Sampler QA by Modern Tradition Quilts
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.
21. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
22. Little Houses
23. Allietpie! Bonnie Hunter 2015 Mystery
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. RSC15 Sawtooth Star Sampler & alternate blocks
3. Scrap Crystals
4. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along) (making into a table topper)
7. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)2. Leah Day Building Blocks QA -- making into a baby quilt
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. December 2014 Block Lotto Big O blocks that I won 12.31.14!
7. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks
10. The School Bell Has Rung sampler at laugh yourself into Stitches.
11. Orca Bay
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
2. Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere. It will be a pillow when I find it.)
3. Spangled Stars QA
Ready to longarm1. Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2. Customer's Flower Sampler quilt (Lisa)
3. Customer's baby quilt (Lisa)
4. Customer's Christmas quilt (Lisa)
5. Customer's Blue and Brown Log Cabin Quilt (Sue)
6. Humble Quilts Mystery Mini (can't decide how to quilt this)
Quilted, needs binding
1. Customer's Pineapple Quilt (Sue) (on the frame)
Completed this week:
1. Pat Sloan 2015 BOM -- Vacation Time (look for a Friday finish!)
52-- Current WIPS