I finished block 3 of the Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM.
I finished my Urban Churndash QA quilt today. You can read more about the quilt along at Piece N Quilt. What a fun pattern. I made my blocks smaller for a baby quilt (and it was Accuquilt GO! Baby friendly.) Here's my finished top:
I inherited some new treasures from my mother-in-law. The area is all organized and ready to sew.
I got all caught up on my pink blocks this week for the RSC15 Sampler Challenge.
Here are the two pink blocks:
Here are all the four patches for the chain blocks:
I have good and bad news about the 2015 Spring Tea quilt for my local quilt guild. The idea and quilting was coming along beautifully.
Sadly it's still too cold to use my longarm with the negative temps here in Ohio. It takes too long and takes a lot of expensive fuel oil to heat the room. When my longarm can't get warmed up I have tension issues. When the temps are at least in the 30's it goes back to stitching normal with no adjustments. It's a machine; it doesn't like the cold. I did make the back for this quilt and my part is now done. I am crossing it off my WIP Wednesday list. It has been passed on to the next guild member to finish where it is nice and warm.
I got some of my Churn & Dash quilt put together. Three rows to go.
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday! See what everybody is doing here.
New Projects This Week
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
14. Grand Illusion -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2014
15, Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16. Kite Girl (RSC14) Need one more red block and sashing made
17. Modern Trees QA (at Christ's Quilts)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.
19. Wanderlust (A Bonnie Hunter pattern -- only 2 blocks done.)
20. Flowers and Watercan (wall hanging)
21. Little Houses
22. Split Stars (Block Lotto win)
23. Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
24. Fortune Teller (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
26. Pat Sloan 2015 BOM -- Vacation Time
28. Charm Square Sampler QA by Modern Tradition Quilts
29. QM Bitty Blocks QA
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Sweet Simplicity BOM5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Scrap Crystals (working on blue pieces for RSC15)
12. RSC15 Sawtooth Star Sampler
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly
7. Scrumptious Butter Churn All blocks are made!!!
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
10. December 2014 Block Lotto Big O blocks that I won 12.31.14!
11. Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
2. Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere. It will be a pillow when I find it.)
Ready to longarm
1. Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2. Customer Quilt #1 -- Churn Dashes (almost done!)
3. Customer Quilt #2 -- Scrap Squares
4. Customer Quilt #3 -- Bonnie Hunter Stars pattern
5. Customer Quilt #4 -- Browns and Golds
6. Customer Quilt #5 -- Scrappy Fun
7. Julianne's Grand Illusion
Quilted, needs binding1.
Completed this week:
1. 2015 Spring Tea quilt for the local quilt guild
64 -- Current WIPS
04 -- Finishes for 2015