Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday 7.16.14

Another productive week for a summer month!  Here's what happened.

Just so you know, it pays to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Here's a big shout out to the sponsors -- especially Canton Village Quilt Works!  The Black and White and Bright fat quarter bundle! is due to land in my mailbox today!!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced     

I finished this crib quilt for my niece.  She's a big Ohio State fan.  They do not know the gender of the baby.  I think this is perfect.  Thanks to my Accuquilt GO! Baby and the 3" Finished Square and HST, this quilt was done in no time.



I finished the quilting on my Born on the 4th quilt.  It just needs trimmed and bound.  Swirls to the rescue again.  (Circle Lord Swirls is my go-to quilting pattern.)


I completed my modern version of the starflower block in the Classis Meets Modern QA.



I've also been busy working in my little garden.



Tiana my first brood hen has been sitting on 8 eggs since 7/7.  I'm going to try to candle the eggs tonight to see if there is any activity.



There's a QA that has caught my attention (of course).  You can get the PATTERN HERE.  There is  a Facebook group HERE.  And the full schedule for the QAL is HERE.  Gotta LOVE that Facebook now plays into quilt alongs.



I finished the quilt top for the Market Day Sew Along at Heartspun Quilts .



New Projects This Week
1.  None

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Underpants Project 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA
13.  Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM 
14.  Super Mario QA
15.  Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Set as a Q2 goal)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6.  Tall Fly
7.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)

Ready to longarm
 1.  Market Day Sew Along (Heartspun Quilts)

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
1.  Born on the 4th

Completed this week:
1.  OSU Baby Quilt

My WIP count this week went from 39 to 38.  My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19.  I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Busy lady!! always interesting to see what you are up to Kathy.

Unknown said...

That is a busy list! I think the QA looks really lovely too.

Stephie said...

You did all that in a week, that's amazing! I really love the red and white quilt for your niece, what a lucky girl! And good luck with the candle-ing! I have a broody hen, who keeps pinching eggs to sit on (12 at the last count) - shame we don't have a cockerel, haha! www.dawnchorusstudio.com

Michelle said...

Gorgeous quilt! You are a busy lady! Would love to see more of your garden. It's winter where I am so it's all dormant.