Friday, March 21, 2014

Star Surround QA Link-A-Finish Friday

Today I finished the binding on my Star Surround quilt that was part of the Star Surround Quilt Along with Melissa Cory at Happy Quilting blog.  This quilt measures 68.5" x 68.5".  I quilted it with Circlelord swirls.  The back is one fabric that I also used for the binding.  I like the contrast with the binding.  This is the third QA I have done with Melissa at Happy Quilting!  They are always fun.


 
 
 
Today being March 21st (3/21) I'd also like to celebrate World Down Syndrome Day.  It is recognized each year because those who just happen to have Down Syndrome have an extra chromosome attached to the 21st set of chromosomes (Trisomy 21 or T-21). Owen rocks his extra chromosome! We are so proud of him!
 
 
 
Here's my little ball of sunshine -- He's almost 7 now, but this is one of my favorite Spring pictures.
  
I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
 

I'm also happy to mark this one off my list as it was my goal to finish it for March in the 2014 A Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge at Sew Bitter Sweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.

My Button

5 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Oh my gosh- he's getting SO big! What a cutie! (Your quilt looks great, too) :)

Patty said...

Such a cutie! Congrats on your wonderful son!

Julianne said...

That little man is so cute!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

This looks so awesome! I love the way you laid out these blocks. Gorgeous.

Elizabeth said...

What a pretty quilt! I love the quilting, too! Congrats on an awesome finish & thanks for linking up!

xo -E

P.S. That photo of your son is SO cute! Love it.